Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
Team Captain Social
Who: All team captains are welcome to come, and bring one guest!
What: Team captains and a guest are invited to come join the Komen Oregon and SW Washington staff and Race for the Cure Portland Committee for lunch donated by the Old Spaghetti factory! Come learn about what’s new at the Race for the Cure Portland, meet other team captains, and develop team building and fundraising strategies. Hear a presentation featuring information about why your fundraising matters, and who is benefitting from your efforts!
Where: Old Spaghetti Factory: 0715 SW Bancroft St. Portland, OR 97239
When: August 12, 2017 From 11:30-1:00 PM
RSVP: Required by August 9 at 5pm, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Packaging Deadline
What: If your team has 15+ people registered by August 27 at midnight, all of your bibs, shirts, and pins will be in the package for you to pick up!
Pick Up Options: You have four options for pick-up!
Office: 1500 SW 1st Ave. Suite 270 Portland, OR 97201
- Day 1: September 6 - 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Day 2: September 7 – 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Day 3: September 8 – 7:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Boxes will be available at the front entrance of Komen. Make sure to bring your wallet…you will want to indulge at the annual Intern Bake Sale!
Social: 13333 SW 68th Pkwy; Portland,
- September 14, 2017 – 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Join iHeart Media and Team Janine at their annual Pinktini Social! Enjoy food, libations, a photo booth, and more!
- All team captains are invited to join, and bring a guest!
FAQ: What if someone registers after August 27 at midnight?
- You are welcome to have more people sign up on your team! However, they will have to pick up their shirt at the pickup event on September 16 @ Old Spaghetti Factory, or the morning of RFTC in the village.
What if I can’t pick up my package?
- Your package will be available at the pickup event on September 16 at Will Call, or at RFTC at Will Call. The three days at the Komen office are the only days packages will be available for pick up at the office this year! Please note, we will not add any people’s materials to your package if they register after August 27 at midnight. They will have to pick up their materials as individuals.
Do the dogs get something?
- The dogs will pick up their goodies at Race for the Cure on September 17 in Dog Zone.
- Contact email@example.com
Team Captain Checklist
Once you’ve registered your Team, here are some next steps:
- Make a self -donation in any denomination to show your commitment.
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit.
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high traffic areas. Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so people can contact you to get involved.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
Last year, Teams raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the fight to end breast cancer. That’s a huge impact! Team fundraising helps ensure that we will be able to make the biggest impact in the community.
There are two ways that teams can engage in fundraising:
- Each team member asks their friends, family members and co-workers to support them in their fundraising efforts by making a donation. To get tips and tools on personal fundraising, click here.
- Your team can host a fundraising event. To download a list of fun and easy fundraising events, click here.
The ultimate reward is knowing you’ve brought our community miles closer to the reality of a world without breast cancer. But be sure to check out the Team Rewards page for more information on how we thank our top performing teams!